August 29, 2018
WindStar Cruises Star Pride
Iceland is one of the most gay friendly destinations in the world and this is an exciting opportunity to join a group of fellow Source travelers in a once in a lifetime voyage. Best of all, we’ve timed this so you can enjoy Reykjavik’s Gay Pride celebration after the cruise August 9-12, 2018.
Dramatic scenery and curious communities coalesce on this week-long circumnavigation of Iceland. Explore a country few people will ever visit, and go far beyond the tourist hotspots to remote fjords, raging waterfalls, and small fishing villages. Get to know the independent and creative Icelanders, and watch whales and seabirds play offshore. This is yachting at its most inventive.
The dramatic terrain of Iceland, known as the land of fire and ice, encompasses volcanoes, glaciers, geysers, waterfalls and fjords. Many tours feature the geologically and historically significant Thingvellir National Park. Here, the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge.
Iceland is also home to Vatnajokull, one of Europe’s largest glaciers; the famous Blue Lagoon, a mineral-rich geothermal pool set within a large lava field; and traditional horse farms and ancient Viking sites. Iceland tours in the capital, Reykjavik, include the 19th-century Parliament House, Austurvollur Square and Tjornin Lake.
A Voyage Around Iceland Luxury Gay Cruise Highlights
• Soak in Reykjavik’s famous Blue Lagoon, a soothing 98-104°F year-round
• Sail past Surtsey Island, the youngest place on earth, created by an eruption in 1963
• Visit the island of Heimaey, the Pompeii of the North, covered in ash by a devastating 1973 eruption
• Admire the colorful historic houses of Seydisfjordur, imported from Norway by wealthy merchants at the turn of the 20th century
• Hike to Hengifoss Waterfall, a silver tendril falling over cliffs striped by red strata
• Stroll through the Botanical Gardens of Akureyri, located in the banana belt of Iceland
• Take a polar flight to Grimsey Island and stand half in, half out of the Arctic Circle
• Witness the rainbow-colored beauty of Godafoss, “Waterfall of the Gods,” outside Akureyri
• Meet a friendly Icelandic horse, brought to Iceland by the Vikings in the 9th or 10th century A.D.
• Board a boat for an excursion to Vigur Island, home to eider ducks, puffins, black guillemots, Arctic terns, and more
• Sample “Viking sushi” (fermented shark), the national dish of Iceland
• Complement your dip in the Blue Lagoon with one in the more intimate Myvatn Nature Baths
Star Pride - All-Suite Yacht
With only 212 guests, a Star Pride cruise will make you feel like you're on board your own private yacht almost as soon as you step aboard.
The sitting area of your spacious, newly refurbished suite gives you an expansive ocean view — making it a welcome retreat.
When you're ready to make an appearance, the lounges, club, casino, screening room, and library are waiting to be explored. Take some "you" time in the tranquil WindSpa ... enjoy a dip in the pool ... work off that decadent dessert in the Fitness Center ... and, of course, you are always welcome to visit the Bridge to examine navigation charts with the Captain.
Star Pride is large enough to pamper and entertain you, yet small enough to tuck into delightful tiny harbors and hidden coves that others can’t reach.
Your Windstar Voyage Includes
• All meals in all venues at all times, including room service menu available 24 hours
• All non-alcoholic beverages, including cappuccino, espresso, and other specialty non-alcoholic drinks
• Welcome cocktails at reception
• All onboard entertainment
• Unlimited use of Fitness Center
• Unlimited use of all water sports equipment
• Informative nightly port talks and destination briefings
All Accommodations Feature
• Queen Size Bed with Luxurious Linens
• Waffle Weave Robe and Slippers
• Flat Screen TV with DVD player
• Fully-Stocked Mini Bar/Refrigerator
• Direct Dial Phone
• L’Occitane Bath Amenities
• Wi-Fi (internet cards can be purchased at reception)
• Fresh Flowers
• Fresh Fruit
• Granite vanity with magnifying mirror
• Walk-in closet and ample drawer space
• Bathroom with granite countertop, full-size tub, and shower
• Hair Dryers and 110/220 outlets