Rainbow Winter Days just for our gay guests in Hotel Kalevala, Kuhmo, Finland. From 5th – 10th of March 2022 we have reserved the entire hotel for you to spend 6 days you will certainly remember! Welcome to Kuhmo, a small town in north east Finland. Surrounded by ancient forests and crystal clear lakes, this is a winter wonderland nestled in some of the deepest snow in Finland. With nothing but unspoilt nature as far as the eye can see, Kuhmo is perfect for wilderness and activity adventures. Hotel Kalevala provides a unique experience from beginning to end for any holiday. As soon as you arrive you are invited into a mythical world and the adventures of the Wild Taiga. Be welcome at Hotel Kalevala and enjoy your stay!
• Plenty of exciting activities in the gorgeous Finnish winter landscape, like snowshoeing, snowmobile and husky safari tours;
• Full board including Finnish delicacies like reindeer, bear and elk meat (*Vegetarians are also welcome);
• Finnish saunas, indoor and outdoor jacuzzis and special sauna treatments;
• Eating like back in the olden days, experiencing the local culture;
• And a mystical magic evening experiencing the local culture
Day 1 - Saturday, March 5, 2022
• Transfer from Kajaani airport (KAJ).
• Welcome drink at the fireplace.
• Welcome dinner including the Finnish delicacy elk meat.
Day 2 - Sunday, March 6, 2022
• Full board.
• Guided 3-4 hour snowmobile safari along the taiga forest, 2 persons/snowmobile.
• Winter survival games in the afternoon. You will be competing in teams!
• Sauna time with indoor and outdoor jacuzzis. Possibility to try out the peat sauna.
• Dinner with local salmon as main course.
• After dinner, "DJ Tero" will guide through the evening.
Day 3 - Monday, March 7, 2022
• Full board
• After breakfast: cross-country ski school; learn the national sport of Finland.
• In the afternoon you will have some free time to continue skiing; easy tracks at Kalevala Ski-centre and on the lake side are suitable for beginners. Ski tracks for persons with more experience are available, too.
• Dinner in “Kota” teepee at the hotel shore. Enjoy a tasty reindeer meat dish around the open fire.
• Late evening saunas & jacuzzis. You‘ll get a Finnish sauna treatment with birch branches.
Day 4 - Tuesday, March 8, 2022
• Full board.
• Transfer to a husky farm. 2 haour husky sleigh safari tour. Everyone will get the chance to drive a husky sleigh, 2 persons/sleigh. Picnic lunch at the farm.
• Sauna time - possibility to try real Finnish smoke sauna!
• The main course of the dinner will be a special delicacy: bear meat.
• The evening will continue with DJ and dancing till the early hours.
Day 5 - Wednesday, March 9, 2022
• Full board with late breakfast.
• 3 hours guided snowshoe & winter fishing tour starting at the hotel.
• Time for sauna and relaxing in the afternoon.
• In the evening you will be served an "Olden Days Dinner". Forget about etiquette, white tablecloths and fancy eating. Eat with your fingers or wooden spoon and enjoy the dinner like in the olden days.
• Karaoke evening at the hotel restaurant.
Day 6 - Thursday, March 10, 2022
• After breakfast transfer to Kajaani airport (KAJ).