AdonisGaySailing, GaySail and GayNudeSail are all labels of Altercouse Company.
After you make your reservation, you will have 5 days to pay half of the amount of the trip . No later then eight weeks before the departure date, the full amount needs to be paid. We require that you have a valid travel accident insurance policy. When you fill in reservation forms, you guarantee that you have such insurance. We also advises customers to buy trip cancellation insurance in case of possible unexpected circumstances (such as illness) before departure. Both insurance you can also arrange with us, we work together with Allianz, Global Assistance.
Sailing with us is not a dangerous pursuit. Nevertheless there is always some risk involved in sailing on the water. The circumstances on the water and the local weather situation are not always easy to predict and vary during a trip. A high wave, an unexpected movement, walking on a moving deck, can all be the cause of accidents or personal injuries. We do not accept any liability for these risks, which we assume are well understood by all participants. Nor do we accept liability for the loss, damage, or theft of personal belongings, including cash. Individuals are wholly responsible for their personal safety and for the safety of their belongings. As a result of September 11th 2001, insurance coverage has become difficult to obtain. A small company like Altercourse, operating in diverse international locations can not obtain adequate insurance. Therefore, we must make it very clear that we can not accept liability for any risk, whatsoever, in connection to the trips or other activities that we offer. Nor can we accept liability for any activities that are connected with our trips. All our clients need to be aware of this and acquire their own insurance.
All clients need to inform the Skipper before departure if the suffer from any health problem. The skipper has complete authority over the ship and those on board. He has the right, at any time, to change the plans or itinerary due to weather or other circumstances. For safety and security reasons, customers on board our yachts must follow the orders of the skipper at all times. In case it is necessary for us to cancel a trip, any money that has already been paid to Altercourse will be completely and fully refunded. We will never cancel a trip as a result of low occupancy like other (gay) sailing company's do all the time, but even a Altercourse skipper can get ill and although we have 17 skippers, theoretical it is possible we can find any replacement. Nothing like this happened the last 20 years. Altercourse holds the person who placed the order (confirmed the trip) with us responsible for payment and for notifying us of any changes. This is true even if the person has placed an order for other persons.
Cancellations are possible; however there will be charges for cancellations. The cancellation charges are 50% of the price if you cancel earlier than eight weeks prior to departure. If you cancel within eight weeks of the departure date, the cost will be 100% of the total amount.
Altercourse and its labels AdonisGaySailing, GaySail and GayNudeSail are registrated in Amsterdam, the Netherlands,
The main office address and the address for any customer correspondence or service of any documents for Altercourse is: Singel 25 F, 1012 VC Amsterdam, the Netherlands
Our Use of Your Information
• For the purpose of providing you with our services, including your flight, vacation or insurance, etc., we may disclose your information to our service providers. In order for you to travel overseas, it may be mandatory (as requested Government authorities at the point(s) of departure and/or destination) to disclose your information for immigration, security and anti-terrorism purposes, or any other purposes which they determine appropriate. Even if not mandatory, we may exercise our discretion to assist where appropriate.
• We may collect and use your information for the purposes set out in our registration with the Office of the Information Commissioner for business purposes. These purposes include administration, providing services (and contacting you when necessary), customer care, improving our service, business management and operation, re-organisation/structuring/sale of our business (or our group companies), risk assessment, security and crime prevention/detection, research and analysis, marketing, monitoring, measuring and assessing customer purchasing preferences and trends, dispute resolution, credit checking and debt collection.
• Some of your information (such as health) may be considered "sensitive personal data" under the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect it to cater to your needs or act in your interest, and we are only prepared to accept sensitive personal data from you on the condition that we have your positive consent. By booking with us you also agree for your insurers, their agents and medical staff to disclose relevant information (which may contain sensitive personal data) to us in circumstances where we need to act in the interest of everyone in the group you are travelling with. For example, if your illness during your vacation is infectious we may need to make special arrangements for you and also ensure that you do not return with the group immediately.
If you do not agree to Our Use of Your Information above, we cannot do business with you or accept your booking.
• We may from time to time contact you with information on offers of goods and services, brochures, new products, forthcoming events or competitions. Please note that our website will assume you to agree to e-communications when you make a booking. You will be given the opportunity on every e-communication we send you to indicate that you no longer wish to receive our direct marketing material.
• If do not wish to receive such information or would like to change your preference, please refer to point of "Your Rights" below.
• You have the right to ask in writing by contacting us to request a copy of the information we hold about you (for which we may charge a fee) and to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
• You have the right to ask in writing not to receive marketing material about our products and services. If the following facilities are available, you can amend your previous preference on our website(s), using our "unsubscribe e-mail", in literature which you subsequently return to us or by writing or calling us. Once properly notified by you, we will take steps to stop using your information in this way.
Our website(s) may contain links to other sites not controlled by us. We are not responsible for the actions, content or the privacy policies of those websites. It is your responsibility to check the status of these sites.
We have taken all reasonable steps to have in place appropriate security measures to protect your information.
Any changes to this Policy will be either posted on our website, brochure and/or made available upon request.