If you have already travelled to Italy and never seen Rome, Naples and the Amalfi coast, this is a great gay group tour opportunity! September is a beautiful, still hot (but not that hot!) month: cities are not busy, the sea is crystalline warm, and beaches are not so crowded as in August. We invite you to discover Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Amalfi Coast & Capri under a gay light.
Our guide will take you to re-live the gladiators’ history when visiting the Colosseum and its arena; you will then move to the most astonishing art collection in the world: the Vatican Museums, where, unexpectedly, a lot of masterpieces have a lot to do with homosexuality, including the Sistine Chapel.
Live one day like a Roman in history. Enjoy Tivoli, in the Roman countryside, where Emperor Adrian built an immense villa/mausoleum for his beloved lieutenant Antinoo. Enjoy one day at the thermal baths of Victoria Terme.
Experience the thrill of travelling from Rome to Naples by high-speed train: enjoy the countryside, during a 1.5 hrs journey.
Our gay guide will escort you through the queer side of Naples and not only. Enjoy local street food in open markets and take part to the greatest experience in this town: a pizza class! Learn the secrets of making pizza with an authentic ‘pizzaiolo’ and taste your own.
Visit Pompeii with our experienced gay guide. Go back in times and discover how Romans lived their everyday life and how their expression of sexuality was not contaminated by prejudice. Learn about its provoking frescoes, its brothels and much more.
Move to the stunning Amalfi coast, not a long way from Naples. You will stay in one of the most amazing hotels just close to the marina.
Experience the boat tour of a lifetime! A shared boat journey along the coast, including the island of Capri, the excursion to its amazing grottoes and time for exploring the island. Dive into the sea and enjoy some snorkeling. Basic catering on board. A lemoncello tasting class is also included.
The tour ends with your transfer to Naples, Central station, from where you can reach any destination in Italy or your airport.
Day 1 - Thursday, September 7, 2023
• Check in The Guardian Hotel Rome (or similar)
• 6.30 PM Meet & Greet aperitive, with you tour leader. Briefing of tour activities.
If you arrive at Fiumicino Airport (FCO), you can easily catch the ‘Leonardo Express’ , shuttle to Termini Central Station and then catch a taxi to your hotel. Alternatively, you an catch a taxi or a bus to Rome just close to the Airport.
Day 2 - Friday, September 8, 2023
• 9:00 AM – Meet your Rome gay guide in hotel. Walk to the Colosseum and Palatine Fora.
• 10:00 AM – Guided tour of Colosseum.
• 1:00 PM – Time on your own (lunch or street food nearby the Colosseum).
• 2:30 PM – Private van transfer to the Vatican Museums.
• 5:30 PM end of tour and private van transfer to hotel.
• Evening off
Day 3 - Saturday, September 9, 2023
• 9:00 AM: meet your driver in hotel and transfer to Tivoli
• 10:00 AM: guided tour to the villas (Adrian’s Villa)
• 1:00 PM: lunch at Victoria Terme Hotel
• Rest of the day: sunbathing and chilling down on the swimming pool solarium or thermal baths
• 7:00 PM: transfer back to Rome by private van
• Evening off.
Day 4 - Sunday, September 10, 2023
• Check out Rome hotel.
• Catch the high-speed train to Naples (ItaloTreno).
• Check in at your Naples hotel - San Pietro Hotel (or similar) and rest of the day off.
Day 5 - Monday, September 11, 2023
• 9:00 AM – Meet your Naples gay guide in hotel.
• Three-hour walking tour of the city – Via Toledo, Pignasecca, the Spanish Quarters ending up at Casteldell’Ovo. Listen to the amazing history of the ‘Femminiello’, the gay character of Naples.
• 12:00 PM – street food with your guide.
• Rest of the day off.
Day 6 - Tuesday, September 12, 2023
• 9:00 AM – Meet your guide and your driver in hotel.
• Transfer to Pompeii and escorted walking tour in the archeological site.
• 12:00 PM – Transfer back to Naples.
• Free time
• 6:00 PM – Pizza making class and pizza for dinner.
• Time off.
Day 7 - Wednesday, September 13, 2023
• 9:00 AM – Check out Naples hotel.
• Meet your driver to Amalfi.
• 11:00 AM -Check in at your Amalfi hotel - Aurora Hotel, and rest of the day off.
Day 8 - Thursday, September 14, 2023
• 7:45 AM – leave for the meeting point (Piazza F. Gioia) for the boat tour with our partner 'YouKnow Boat'.
• Reach Sorrento port by bus.
• Start your boat tour!
• In Capri, the iconic destination for gay people during the 19th and 20th century, visit the beautiful villa Lysis, house of the eclectic baron Fersen, whose collection of homoerotic statues are amongst the most valuable in the world. The view from the villa is stunning!
• 9:00 PM back in hotel.
Day 9 - Friday, September 15, 2023
• Free day in Amalfi
• You can go shopping or sunbathing or for a walk in the winding roads of Amalfi. Have lunch in one of the traditional trattorias on the seaside (“lungomare”). Visit the small shops of local artisans and try some good limoncello!
Day 10 - Saturday, September 16, 2023
• 9:00 AM – Check out Amalfi hotel.
• 10:00 AM- Transfer to Naples Central station from where you can reach any destination in Italy or your airport.
• End of services.